in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, August 14, 2017

ARC Review: The Flirtation by Tara Sue Me


I know I've been saying this about this series for awhile but I mean it this time, this is my last book in the series. There were a couple of books about this BDSM group that I really liked. I kept reading the series hoping to recapture what I loved but I finally see that it's just not going to happen.

The premise of this book is that Lynn started BDSM training with Simon. Simon abruptly broke off their relationship but neither of them has been able to forget the other. Simon gave Lynn some BS excuse for ending their first relationship. He told her she was not truly submissive. In reality, Simon just thinks what he wants is too much for someone so new. He doesn't think Lynn can handle what he really wants so he just ends the relationship with her completely. What Simon does not realize is that even though Lynn was new to the life, she didn't need or want Simon to go easy on her. She really wanted what Simon wanted that he was afraid to tell her he wanted...wow, I just got dizzy writing that.

Lynn hatches this kind of crazy idea to reconnect with Simon online. It works. In fact it works so well, Simon wants to move things off the internet and in to the real world. Lynn hatches this completely crazy scheme to hide her identity. You can guess how that turns out. Simon then has to decide if maybe he was all wrong about Lynn and she's exactly what he wants. In the background there's a crazy subplot that is a little tired because the same thing happens in every one of these books. I was completely uninterested in the subplot. It neither added to the story of Lynn and Simon or took away from it. It was wholly unnecessary.  

I don't know what it was about this book but it just felt very ho-hum to me. I didn't care at all. I didn't care about Lynn or Simon or the crazy sub-plot chick. I walked away from this and I had no feelings about any of it. Something about the way these books are written alienates the reader. You don't feel like you are a part of the story. You also don't feel grabbed by the chemistry of the characters. We're just all kind of along for the ride. I don't want to write another one of these meh reviews about this series so I'm done reading books in it. 

**ARC provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes |


0 comments :

Post a Comment