in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, July 2, 2017

ARC Review: The Catch by K. Bromberg


The Catch is the second book in K. Bromberg's The Player Duet. This book is not a standalone story and needs to be read in order as it continues Easton and Scout's story. After reading the first book in this series I couldn't wait to get more of these two. This book picks up right where the first one left off, and I think fans will enjoy the conclusion to Easton and Scout's story as much as I did. 

With an unexpected twist of fate, Easton Wylder doesn't know who to trust. Already struggling with an injury that could destroy his career, Easton has been battling his way back with the help of Scout Dalton. What started as Scout helping him rehab quickly turned into more, but now when everything has changed he finds himself questioning her loyalty as well as everyone he thought was in his corner. Can he get past all the obstacles thrown his way and figure out who is on his side? And what happens when he is forced to share a secret that could change everything for him once again? 

I loved these characters in the first book and that was true here as well. I really felt the connection and chemistry between them, and it just continued to strengthen here. There were so many things going on, and at times we didn't know everything that was happening or where everyone stood. Even while things were up in the air though, it was clear that Easton and Scout's feelings ran deep and true. I never questioned just how much each of them cared about one another. 

I will say that there were a few of the twists here that I felt were a little predictable, and I pretty much had things figured out ahead of time. That being said though, I still really enjoyed the story and the characters and was happy with how things were handled. I loved that Easton didn't let things just slide and that he stood up for himself and told those involved how he felt. I also really loved that when faced with finally admitting the truth to those he loved that he was also able to face it head on and share that with the world as well. He was inspiring and I loved the growth that he showed over the course of this book. I think fans of the first book will really enjoy this one as well, and if you haven't read The Player yet, you are definitely going to want to check it out before starting The Catch. K. Bromberg is a great story teller and Scout and Easton are definitely some of my favorites of hers to date. I can't wait to read more from her in the future.

**ARC Provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment