in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, June 22, 2017

ARC Review: Strong Enough by Melanie Harlow & David Romanov


I am a huge fan of Melanie Harlow's, so I was really excited when I saw that she had a new book coming out. Strong Enough is actually her first M/M novel, as well it being her first collaboration. This is also David Romanov's writing debut, and these two did a fantastic job! I really enjoyed this book and the writing was seamless and flowed as if they had been writing together for years. 

The last thing that Derek was looking for was another stray that his sister needed his help with. But when she called asking for his help with Maxim, a man trying to start a new life in the US, he knew he had to help. But neither of them expected the instant attraction and growing connection they feel. Derek had his life all planned out, and Maxim was everything he had always secretly wanted yet knew he could never have. Maxim wasn't looking for love but wasn't willing to walk away without giving things between them a try. But can Derek be strong enough to go against everything he always planned for his future for a chance at everything with Maxim?

I really loved these two. I felt the chemistry and connection between them right away, but I was glad that things progressed naturally for them and it didn't feel rushed. Maxim was so mature and open for his age, and I loved his patience with Derek. He understood where Derek was coming from and he never pressured him, and yet at the same time Maxim also didn't lower his own standards. He knew what he needed and what he had to do, and even if it hurt he wasn't willing to hide and keep their love a secret just to be with Derek. Derek had a lot to overcome, and I thought that Maxim was perfect for him. He showed him that their love wasn't wrong and that while it wasn't what Derek had planned for his life that it was worth taking a risk. 

Overall, this was just a really great story and I enjoyed reading it a lot. The characters were easy to like, and their story was genuine and believable. There was so much passion between Maxim and Derek, but it was so much more than that. These two clicked right away and were able to talk to one another and had such a great foundation for more. I loved seeing their friendship and the attraction between them grow, and it just felt right. There were some really great secondary characters here as well, especially Derek's sister. I loved her and how supportive she was of these two. I would love for her to get her own book as well as maybe see more of these two in the future. I highly recommend this one! This was a great story and Melanie and David made a great team! I really hope this isn't the last we see from them!

**ARC Provided by Social Butterfly PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle





0 comments :

Post a Comment