in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, May 1, 2017

ARC Review: Never Trust a Pirate by Valerie Bowman


I have said it before and I will repeat it a hundred times, Valerie Bowman and her Playful Brides series never disappoints! Since I discovered this series I am always impatiently waiting for the next book in the series. For the record the next one after this one is “The Right Kind of Rogue” #8 which is Meg and Harts’ story. I am restless with anticipation about it! But not to be overshadowed, “Never Trust a Pirate” follows many of the same exciting and addicting elements as “The Irresistible Rogue:  # 4 which is Daphne and Captain Rafe Cavendish’s story. In that story we discover that Rafe has a twin brother- Cade. Very unlike his twin brother, Cade is the exact opposite of his very chivalrous and honorable brother.

When we begin the story, we are immediately hooked with the task of trying to discover who is the mysterious Black Fox. Bowman uses this as a thread to the rest of the story. Is Cade the Black Fox? Is he after he Black Fox? Aside from these very interesting questions we also are introduced to a wonderful heroine- Miss Danielle LaCrosse. Danielle is as multi-layered as Cade. She is serving as a lady’s maid to Daphne. But without giving too much away, Danielle is very much more than a lady’s maid. Because of the proximity she shares with Cade both Cade and Danielle can’t help but be drawn not only to each other but also to their deep secrets, and both not only carry them but both are also eager to uncover the others.

Personally, I love how Bowman portrayed Cade. As a reader I was experiencing the same peeling away of layers as the characters did-which I loved. &He was interesting and at the same time a little puzzling because he had so many secrets. I loved how evenly matched Danielle and Cade were. They were both worthy of one another. Aside from the mystery and intrigue, I loved Danielle’s very deep vulnerability and her very sweet and almost fragile desire to communicate and form a bond with those around her. Although I think that this story and “The Irresistible Rogue” are a part of the “Playful Brides” series their distinguishing aspect is all the adventure and mystery that run through them. Bowman is such a great author! She is fun, here characters are so complex and deep that I never want the story to end and yet I can’t wait to read the next one in the series. Finally, I loved the contrast between Cade and Rafe. In this story there weren’t too many differences between the brothers after all. For me, this was another wonderful and gratifying read by Bowman and I remain a big fan!

**ARC provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes |


0 comments :

Post a Comment