in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, April 28, 2017

ARC Review: Unsteady by Melissa Collins


Unsteady is the third standalone novel in the On Solid Ground series by Melissa Collins. You do not need to have read the previous books to understand Unsteady, however fans of the previous book will recognize Micah here. I was really looking forward to reading this book, and Melissa Collins didn't disappoint. Micah and Jude's story was really good and I enjoyed seeing these two figure things out. 

Micah and Jude met in school when they both had anything but perfect lives. Micah was the new kid and Jude was constantly bullied. But their friendship quickly developed into a tight bond that soon was more than just friendship. Just as things started to become more though, everything changed leaving them both alone once again. When Micah suddenly reaches out to Jude ten years later, his life is to the point that he is struggling with the will to live. But can he and Jude find a way back to one another after everything that has happened and all the time that has passed? 

I liked these two a lot. I felt their connection right away, and I loved that they were exactly what the other needed. I felt so badly for Jude and how he was picked on and I was so glad that he had Micah to stand up for him and who cared about him with no stipulations. I felt like Jude was just as good for Micah, especially after their ten years apart and all that Micah had experienced. Both of these two had so much that they had each gone through at different times in their lives, and yet it was clear that nothing had changed the bond that they shared. I will say that one of the big things that kept this one from being a five star for me though was the communication between them. I really wanted Micah to open up to Jude and tell him about his life and his family, yet it took a really long time and it just sort of left a bad taste in my mouth. I understood why he didn't open up right away, but as time went on it just got worse and I really wanted him to let Jude in. 

Overall, this was still a really good book and one I would definitely recommend. If you are a M/M fan, I think you will enjoy this one. I do have a bit of an issue when it comes to really poor communication in stories, so that problem could just be a personal thing and I recommend giving this one a shot if it sounds like one you might like. Melissa Collins is an author that I have come to really enjoy reading books from, and I am looking forward to seeing what she will write next.

**ARC Provided by Author**

Purchase: | Amazon |





0 comments :

Post a Comment