in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, January 27, 2017

ARC Review: The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan


I've got to admit that I am a huge fan of Kendall Ryan's, but I don't typically enjoy books where the hero is younger than the heroine. Usually I struggle with them for whatever reason, but there are a few exceptions to that. Luckily, that wasn't the case here and I ended up enjoying this one a lot. It was fun and sexy, and one that I didn't want to put down.

The last time that Paige saw her best friend's younger brother Cannon was when he was young and a dork. But he has grown up, and finds himself in need of a place to stay. With a spare room, Paige quickly becomes the solution to Cannon's problem. Cannon is fresh off a messy breakup, and with his skills in bed women seem to fall at his feet. But Paige knows there is no way that she can or should fall for him. Except when she sets out to prove him wrong and have a little fun all at one time, she quickly realizes that she never should have bet against Cannon.

I really liked these characters. Paige and Cannon were sexy and flirty, and I loved the heat between them. The chemistry was strong, but it was based on so much more than just attraction. These two had a great connection and I really liked that there was some history there too. This book was a ton of fun to read, and so much of that was because I felt invested in these characters and like I could relate to them. They fit together really well, and I liked that while Cannon might have been younger in age he was definitely more demanding that you might have expected. He was not the nerdy little brother anymore, and I couldn't get enough of him. 

The one thing that bothered me here though and what kept me from rating this one higher was Paige's best friend/Cannon's sister Allie. I felt like she was ridiculous when it came to Cannon, beyond over protective and not a very good friend. The way she reacted to these two being together just kind of blew my mind, and honestly made it really tough to like her. I couldn't believe that she really cared about these two when she acted the way she did and it kind of soured things for me on the whole. I still really liked Cannon and Paige, but Allie sort of tainted their story and I wish that she wouldn't have been the way she was. Besides Allie though, this book is good and one that I would recommend. I look forward to reading more from Kendall Ryan in the future, and I think fans of hers will really enjoy The Room Mate.

**ARC Provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes





0 comments :

Post a Comment