in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, January 19, 2017

ARC Review: Home Run by Heidi McLaughlin


Home Run is the second book in the Boys of Summer series by Heidi McLaughlin. Each book is a standalone, though they are interconnected. This series centers around the members of the MLB team, the Boston Renegades with this being Cooper and Ainsley's story. Cooper is a rookie center-fielder and Ainsley is a zoo attendant. While I did struggle with this one at times, I have to say that I liked it better than the first in the series. 

Finally having a shot at the majors, Cooper Bailey knows that he needs to focus on his game and getting through spring training. Though he can't afford to have any distractions, he finds himself drawn to Ainsley Burke. Soon they are spending all their time together, and his game begins to suffer. But can he make the choice between the game he loves and the girl that he can't get out of his mind? 

I had some problems connecting with these two, and while I liked them at times I never felt fully invested in them. Not that they weren't likable, there was just something about them that held me back. The attraction between them was instant, yet Ainsley pushed Cooper away constantly. I think that is part of what really kept me from loving these two. She seemed immature at times and it just never really got there for me. They were hot together, but I felt like their connection wasn't entirely genuine. Things felt rushed at times, yet would drag at others. 

Speaking of pacing, the story itself felt just like their relationship with some parts dragging and others seeming to move far too quickly. There was so much back and forth, and they spent so much time apart. But then they jump right back in and things were serious and strong and it just didn't feel quite right. While I really enjoyed the beginning and was hopeful, the middle and end of the story kept this one from being one I loved and made it just okay for me. While I have liked Heidi's books in the past and love sports romance stories like no other, this series so far has been one that just hasn't quite clicked for me. If you like sports romance or this one sounds like something you might like, I recommend giving it a shot. There are a lot of people who seem to really love this series, so it could just be a case of this one being me.

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes





0 comments :

Post a Comment