in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, December 1, 2016

ARC Review: Own by K.I. Lynn and N. Isabelle Blanco


Own is the third book in the Need series by K.I. Lynn and N. Isabelle Blanco and needs to be read only after the first two have been read. This is the continuation of Kira and Brayden's story and these cannot be read out of order. This series has captivated me right from the start, but I have to say that it has had it's ups and downs for me. While I was glad to see how things turned out for these two, ultimately I was left with mixed feelings on the series after finishing Own. 

Kira and Brayden are finally together, yet they are unable to be together openly. Everyone knows them and they have more going against them than ever. But both Brayden and Kira are determined to do whatever it takes to make their relationship last forever.

I have loved seeing the growth of Brayden over the course of this series. He started out on the immature side, sleeping with almost anything that moved. Yet I really saw him make some progress in the second book of the series and that continued here. What I will tell you though is that I never felt like Kira made the same progress. I wish I had seen more growth from her, and honestly I thought she acted more immature than ever here. She knew everything about Brayden and chose to be with him anyway, yet every time they disagreed she would throw it all back in his face. I understood some of that in book two, but here I felt like it was just too much and she needed to get over it or let him go. These two had as strong of chemistry as ever, with their sex scenes super steamy and hot. But I felt like the authors really did these two a disservice by having Brayden's past constantly thrown in their faces, making Kira's constant harping about it even worse. We didn't really need his ex flings constantly going up to him and grabbing his crotch to prove that he had slept around.

I also felt like the whole forbidden stepbrother bit just didn't work. These two had known each other for years before their parents hooked up, and they had only been married like three and half years.Their connection was already solidly formed at that point and it just didn't make sense why they would suddenly be off limits to each other. The calling them brother and sister and stuff just didn't work for me when considering how they grew up. While I did have these issues with the story, I will also say that I couldn't put these books down. I was captivated from the start and had to know what would happen. I wish that this book had explored a bit more of an adult relationship between these two and that things had been a bit more mature. There was so much drama here that it really just felt too over the top at times. I still liked the series overall, but I think that there was the potential for me to really love it instead of just liking it. I will still read more from these two in the future, and I am looking forward to Ryan's story up next in Stay.

**ARC Provided by TRSOR Promotions**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N





0 comments :

Post a Comment