in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, October 30, 2016

ARC Review: Twisted Palace by Erin Watt


Twisted Palace is the third book in the Royals series by Erin Watt. Erin Watt being the writing duo of Elle Kennedy and Jen Frederick. If you haven't read the previous two books in the series, you will need to do so before reading Twisted Palace as this story is not a standalone and picks up where the second book left off.

Reed has been arrested for Brooke's murder, and his quick temper looks to have finally created an obstacle that he and Ella can't overcome. But Reed knows that if he is going to save himself and Ella, he will need to find a way to escape his past and unravel the secrets that they face. Can Ella and Reed find a way to save themselves and their families with all the obstacles that stand in their way? Or will Reed destroy them all, including Ella and his family? 

While it was great to see familiar faces and start to get some answers, I felt like the spark was missing from this book. It just didn't pack the same punch that the first two did. This book was more angsty and suspense filled, and yet the pacing was very slow at times for me. I found my attention wandering and was even a bit bored at times. I never thought I would say that about this series, but this book just felt different and I can't say that was a good thing for me. 

While I was glad to get some of the action towards the end of the book, I felt like a lot of this could have been added to the previous book and just been a bit longer. Things would drag and I really felt like this book wasn't entirely necessary. By the time the action started, it was over and everything felt rushed and wrapped up far too quickly and easily. I do love this world that Erin Watt has created, but I just think that this book could have been so much better had some of this been handled in the previous book, and other things focused on here. I would love for some of the other characters from this series to get books though, and I really hope that Erin Watt decides to write them. I do like this series a lot and I think readers will really enjoy this series, unfortunately this wasn't my favorite of the series and ended on a bit of a sour note for me as it really felt like they just ran out of steam and didn't quite know where to take things.

**ARC Provided by Bocci PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes





0 comments :

Post a Comment