in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, October 23, 2016

ARC Review: Hat Trick by Kristen Hope Mazzola


Hat Trick is my first book by Kristen Hope Mazzola, but it definitely won't be my last. This book checked pretty much all the boxes when it came to my favorites in romance stories, so I knew I had to read it. I am happy to say that it was sexy and sweet, and I enjoyed reading it a lot. 

After a life altering accident, Myla had to adjust her life to her new circumstances. Though he wasn't prepared for her, Myla's brother still ended up playing for his dream hockey team, the team that their dad played for when they were kids. Myla finally started to open up and date again, but when she meets her brother's team captain, everything changes for her yet again. What started out as friends quickly grew to be more, but could Myla's relationship with Gavin change her relationship with her brother forever?

I really liked these two together. Gavin had been a manwhore looking for a different girl every night, but I loved that it all changed for him after meeting Myla. You could feel the chemistry between these two and the connection between them was so strong. I thought that Myla and Gavin were great for one another, and worked on every level. I was so glad that we got both Myla and Gavin's POVs, and that we also got some of her brother Brayden's. I do wish that we had been given more of him though as his character seemed to weaken as the book continued and then his POV just stopped. I am hoping that we will get a story for him and that was why the author chose to do what she did there. 

My other issue was that I felt like there was more emphasis on Brayden and Gavin's random hookups than I would have liked. While I understood that they were guys and knew that they liked it casual, I felt like we didn't need to see as much of that as we did to still get that same effect. This book was a quick and easy read though, and I loved that it had steam as well as sweetness and plenty of emotion to keep the reader invested. I enjoyed the story quite a bit, and I look forward to reading more from Kristen Hope Mazzola in the future.

**ARC Provided by Social Butterfly PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N





0 comments :

Post a Comment