in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, September 16, 2016

ARC Review: The Protector by Jodi Ellen Malpas


I have really enjoyed everything that I have read from Jodi Ellen Malpas, but her new book The Protector was one that instantly appealed to me. There is nothing sexier than a man protecting his woman, especially if he is her bodyguard. As always, the writing was fantastic and I was captivated right away with Jake and Cami's story. 

When Cami's life is threatened due to her father's business, she finds herself with Jake as a bodyguard. Cami doesn't see the need for a bodyguard and continues to live her life as though nothing has changed, while Jake takes his job very seriously and is determined to keep Cami safe. Soon things between them begin to heat up and things get more personal than professional as they find themselves unable to fight the growing attraction they feel towards one another. 

I really liked both Jake and Cami. The chemistry and sexual tension between them was off the charts! I was so interested to see them as things were building, and I couldn't get enough. I just kept waiting for the spark to finally ignite, as I knew things were bound to explode once it did. Cami was independent and strong, and different than you would first expect. She was an easy heroine to relate to, even though I never would have expected that considering who she was. Jake was sexy and alpha, but there was so much more to him as well. With his past, he had a vulnerability to him that he tried not to show or acknowledge, but I thought that Cami was exactly what he needed to help him move forward. These two fit really well together, and I thought that they balanced each other out in ways that each of them needed. 

I will say that there were times that things got a bit slow and seemed to drag a little, but things definitely picked up in the second half of the book. While things were a bit slow at times, I never lost interest though as I really liked these characters and where the story was headed. The tension was great, there was enough suspense to keep you turning pages, and there was a great amount of steam. I will say that the ending was a bit rushed, with the resolution to everything being a bit too easy. But ultimately I enjoyed the story and would recommend. If you are a fan of Jodi's already, this is one that you will want to check out. If you are new to her books, this is a great place to start and I highly recommend going back and reading her previous books as well as I have loved everything I have read from her.

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes





0 comments :

Post a Comment