in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, June 18, 2016

ARC Review: Dark Sexy Knight by Katy Regnery


Dark Sexy Knight is the newest book in the Modern Fairytales series by Katy Regnery. I have loved each and every book in this series and it is one of my absolute favorites! Each book is a standalone story based on a familiar fairytale and I just can't get enough of these books! Dark Sexy Knight was everything I expected it to be and more, and I really loved it. Dark Sexy Knight is loosely based on Camelot, and I could not put it down. 

Colt Lane is a dinner theater knight going through the motions. He made his aunt a promise to always look out for his cousin Melody and he is determined to keep that promise. So when he meets Verity Gwynn and her special needs brother Ryan, he knows that he shouldn't get involved yet he can't stop himself from coming to her rescue. Colt was exactly what Verity needed to help save her and her brother, and she sees beneath his surface right away to the good guy that he is. But while Verity finds herself falling more for Colt every day, Colt continues to tell her that she should stay away. Can Colt let Verity know of his past and move forward with her to see if they can build a future together, or will his past change everything between them and scare her away for good?

I really loved these characters. From start to finish there was this strong connection between them, and they could not have been sweeter together. They each had so much that they had been through, and it was clear that they were just surviving. It wasn't until they met each other that the seemed to really come alive. Colt was great with not only Verity, but also her brother Ryan. I loved how he looked out for them and was so protective and kind. He might have had a bit of an issue handling some of that at times, but it was obvious that he would never hurt them and would do anything it took to protect them. I loved Verity as well as Colt. She was loyal and kind, and would do anything for her brother and Colt. I loved the family they were creating, and Colt's cousin Melody made an excellent addition to that.

These characters just belonged together, and it was clear that there was so much love all around them, and I just had this amazing feeling while reading about all of them. There might have been bad things that happened, but it was such a hopeful story filled with love and strength. There were some characters here that I didn't care for and I would have loved to have seen them get some of what they had coming to them, but in the end I was so happy with how everything ended that it didn't really matter. Dark Sexy Knight was a great addition to the Modern Fairytale series, and I have honestly loved each book in this series. Though I do have a favorite from the series, each book has been so well written and such an amazing story that it really is hard to pick between them. If you haven't read this series yet, I highly recommend it. If you are a fan of the classic fairytales but are looking for something new and different, these novels with a modern take on them from Katy Regnery should definitely be on your must read list!

**ARC Provided by RockStarLit PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes





0 comments :

Post a Comment