in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

ARC Review: The Perfect Bargain by Jessa McAdams


Okay so I don’t quite know where to begin; first off Jessa McAdams is a pen name for Julia London, it’s a New Adult genre, and it was just okay. My main issue was that I just didn’t like the characters. I felt disconnected and I couldn’t relate to them at all, I think that’s one reason I usually tend to stay away from New Adult is that I am past that phase in life and didn’t enjoy it when I was. I normally like Julia London and this one was a quick read I like the idea of the story but everything seemed very cliché. Sloane is a stereotypical American overachieving rich brat and Galen (Love his name I almost named one of my kids that) is kind of mean at first and a bit of a hypocrite. Sloane’s friends are worse than she is. One of the redeeming qualities of the book is that there are some nice love scenes and the romance between the two is aggravating and humorous.

Sloane Chatfield’s heart was broken she thought her life couldn’t get any better she has a great job working on the board for her families charitable foundation and a fiancé that is until the guys breaks up with her. Her “friends” trying to help keep setting her up with horrible matches and one girl’s night out the girls all says the perfect male would be “Jaime Frasier”. So Sloane takes a trip to find herself a Jaime Frasier and to have a fake romance and come back just so her friends will leave her alone. Well that plan goes to the crapper when her friends decide to join her. Her only hope now it to find someone to play her fake boyfriend.

Galen Buchanan left his job as a solicitor to run his family’s money pit of a pub. When first approached by the Wi-Fi hogging American about being paid to be her boyfriend his fir reaction was akin to “ah hell no” but the money was too good to pass up. Galen’s plan to keep his distance didn’t match up with Sloane’s plan to get to know each other at least a little bit, they “dating” after all. Neither of them expected to drop their guards around each other and fall in love. Opposites attract and Galen is blinded by how different they are to realize his true feelings for Sloane. When Sloane’s ex-fiancé shows up begging for her back Galen gives her the perfect out but Sloane isn’t letting go that easily.

Overall the situation it kind of reminded me of the movie The Proposal with Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds, I’m surprised it didn’t end the same. I’m torn about making an actual judgment on the book because I’m not that crazy over New Adult anyways (unless it’s PNR/Urban Fantasy) but to my tastes, eh.

**ARC provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | iTunes |



0 comments :

Post a Comment