in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

ARC Review: Unpredictable by C.A. Harms


Unpredictable is the first book in the Key West Series by C.A. Harms. This series is a spin-off of her Southern Boys series, and I couldn't wait to get my hands on this book! I loved Jett when he was first introduced in Loving Colt, and I really liked getting to know him better. If you haven't read the Southern Boys series yet, you do not need to have read them in order to enjoy this book. I will say that they are all fantastic stories though, and it was really fun to see how Jett was when we first met him and how he was in this book. If you can I would absolutely recommend reading those books first and then reading Unpredictable. 

Quinn Tucker and Jett Jameson met at a beach party and ended up spending the night together. But when Jett woke up the following morning, Quinn was gone. When she suddenly shows up to interview for a job at his restaurant, he views it as the perfect opportunity to get a second chance with her. Though Quinn tries to keep Jett at arm's length, he continues to pursue her. Quinn's life is messy and complicated, but Jett means to show her that he doesn't care about any of that as long as Quinn gives them a chance. But as things continue to spiral out of control for Quinn, she finds out that sometimes the things that are the most unpredictable end up being exactly what you need. 

I loved Jett. When he was first introduced in Alex's story, I knew there was so much more to him. He was such a great brother, but you could tell that he didn't have much of a life outside his family and his work. So when he first met Quinn and the sparks flew, I knew that their connection was special. He was so great with her (except for one incident, but it was understandable that he would be upset in that case) and I loved seeing how patient he was with her. He knew that she had a lot going on and though he wanted to know everything, he didn't push her more than she could handle. He let her take the time she needed and was just a constant source of support for her. Quinn had a tough life, and she was dealing with so much on her own. My heart broke for her and everything that she had been through, and I was so glad that she had her best friend and Jett to lean on. As she started to let Jett in more, there was such a shift in her character and I really liked seeing her start to live her life for her. She was able to put herself back together and finally do what she wanted to do for the first time, and it was really great to see her have someone who loved her unconditionally. They had great chemistry and the attraction was clear from the start, but what I love about books by C.A. Harms is the fact that each couple has such a strong natural connection and that was no exception here. 

Overall, this was another really great read from C.A. Harms. I liked Jett and Quinn a lot and their story was such a journey. I will admit that it took me awhile to warm up to Quinn, and she wasn't my favorite heroine. But I did like her and Jett as a couple, and she really grew on me as the story progressed. C.A. Harms has become a go to author for me when I want a really great contemporary romance. Her characters are all different and real, and the stories are always beautiful and emotional. I know that she will continue to be an author that I look forward to more from, and I am already anxious for the next book in this series. I highly recommend anything by C.A. Harms, because I really think that you can't go wrong with any book that has her name on it.

**ARC Provided by Enticing Journey Book Promotions**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle





0 comments :

Post a Comment