in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, March 27, 2015

Review: Starless Nights by Kathryn Andrews


Starless Nights is the second book in the Hale Brothers series, but this book can be read as a standalone. Though it isn't necessary to read these books in order, I would recommend reading the series because both of these books have been really great! I am really looking forward to getting Matt's story next after seeing him with Beau in this book. Beau and Leila's story was proof that you never know when love will find you, and sometimes it takes more than one chance to get it right. 

Beau Hale and Leila Starling were best friends for years. Then suddenly she was gone and they no longer spoke. When she cam back things had changed between them, and they no longer knew who the other was. When Leila left again, Beau was sure that he would never see her again. But now that he has moved to attend college with his brother at Columbia University, they are suddenly in the same town again. When they run into each other at the coffee shop where Leila works, Beau and Leila find themselves right back where they were all those years ago. Though their feelings and connection have never died, they also have a ton of distance between them. When they start hanging out together, they quickly realize that they both have questions about what happened. Once they finally begin talking about their past, the suddenly find that neither of them had the whole story and they were both missing a lot of information. But can they find a way back to one another, or will there have been too much time, distance, and hurt for them to be together? 

I really liked Beau. I had loved him so much in the first book, and I really love his random facts. He always seemed like so much fun, and yet you could tell there was a lot more to his story. I had no idea just how badly things had affected him growing up, and I felt like he had been through so much. His friendship with Leila had always been the one thing that was just his, and it broke my heart for him that he had been left alone. He suffered so much, and it was due in large part to other people. Leila was smart and sweet, and I really liked how determined she was to be successful. She had a lot of pride in what she did and she was a hard worker. She was also no stranger to pain, and I felt just as bad for the horrible things that she had gone through as well. It broke my heart that these two lost each other for so long and that they didn't have each other to lean on when times got tough for them. They always had such a strong connection and bond, and I loved that they had been friends since they were kids. The chemistry between them was easy to see, and I really loved that they had never been able to really be with anyone else. 

I will say that I found these two frustrating at times though, and there were so many times that I wanted to just shake them and tell them to talk to one another. So many things could have been cleared up long before they were, and it was because of their horrible communication. I have no idea why these two refused to talk to one another for so long, and I really didn't understand how they could make so many wrong assumptions. I did love them though, and I thought that they were really great together. I just wish that they wouldn't have wasted so much time and experienced so much hurt because of their misunderstanding and communication issues. I really love Kathryn's writing style though, and this series is so good. I definitely recommend this series to New Adult and Contemporary fans, and I am looking forward to reading more from Kathryn Andrews in the future.

**Review Copy Provided by Enticing Journey Book Promotions**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment