in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, March 26, 2015

ARC Review: Unforgettable Sun by Kathryn Andrews


Unforgettable Sun is the third and final book in the Hale Brothers series by Kathryn Andrews. This book can be read as a standalone, but I would highly recommend reading all three books in order if you can. Not only are these books fantastic, but I think that they really help to introduce the characters and build the story as the series continues. I have to say that since I first started this series, I have always been curious about Matt. He was always the quiet younger brother that you could tell had so much going on beneath the surface. I felt like with Drew and Beau we sort of knew what was happening, but with Matt it was pretty much a mystery. I was so excited to get to know him better, and I could not have loved him more. 

Matt Hale has always been the quiet loner type. With his brothers several years older and not having any friends he has always felt as though he was on the outside looking in. Knowing that college wasn't right for him, he has become successful at buying and fixing up properties and makes his money by renting them out. When a girl kisses him out of the blue, he is shocked about the instant calm he feels and the connection he can see between them. But after finding out who she is, he realizes that not only does he know her but that he doesn't want anything to do with her after something that happened years before. He can't fight what he is feeling though, and soon he finds himself giving in to his curiosity and decides to get to know her for who she is now. Elle has been in the public life for years as a model, but she always felt as though she was living someone else's dream. Elle finds herself turning to her aunt for a place to hide out for awhile. Elle has secrets that she doesn't want getting out, but she soon realizes that Matt does as well. Though they have a connection and are beginning to develop feelings for one another, they both begin to wonder if it is better to keep things hidden knowing that sooner or later Elle will return to her normal life.

I really liked Matt. I felt so badly for him and all that he had gone through alone. I didn't have a clue what he had been through, and it seriously made my heart break for him. I cannot even imagine having to face what he did alone, and the strength it took to be that kind of person amazed me. He truly believed that he didn't deserve happiness and that no one could love him, and I was so glad that Elle was able to show him that wasn't the case. She never gave up on him, and she loved him for who he was flaws and all. Elle was going through her own set of issues and although she was hiding herself away, I never felt like she was a weak person. She might not have handled things the best, but it would be hard in her shoes to be able to trust anyone. Both Elle and Matt had so much bad luck when it came to their parents. It was no wonder that they both had issues and insecurities. But I loved that their chemistry and attraction had such a strong connection behind it. These two were able to understand each other in ways that others didn't, and they were exactly what the other needed. 

Overall, I really loved this book. It was such a beautiful and emotional story, and it really brought out all the feels. This series is fantastic, and I honestly have loved every bit of it. These characters are so real and their stories instantly draw you in. I felt so invested in each of these characters and their HEAs that I just couldn't put these books down. I have to say that I have a bit of a soft spot when it comes to Matt because of all that he had gone through, but it is honestly hard to really pick a favorite. Trust me when I tell you that these books are definitely worth the read, and I think romance readers will fall just as hard for the Hale brothers as I have. These characters will always stick with me, and I know that I will reread their books again in the future. I am honestly excited to see what Kathryn Andrews comes up with next! Though I will miss these characters and this series, I am looking forward to reading whatever she writes next.

**ARC Provided by Enticing Journey Book Promotions**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | Book Depository | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment