in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Review: Felix by Elizabeth Reyes


I was really excited to read Felix by Elizabeth Reyes. I am a huge sports romance fan, and I love me some sexy fighters. That being said though, this book was good but not great. For some reason I found myself not really connecting with the main characters as much as I had hoped for. While I liked Felix, I just never really cared about Ella. I think that she was my biggest problem in this book, and that kept me from really enjoying this one as much as I could have.

Ella works hard to attend school, work and take care of her family. But she also devotes most of her time to working at the 5th Street Gym teaching self defense classes and educating the community. She has personal reasons for being so dedicated to the cause, but she has made it her mission to make self defense classes affordable for those that need them. When she first meets the sexy fighter Felix, she judges him based off what she has heard about his reputation. But she can't help but be drawn to him and knows that she is nothing like what he usually goes for with women. Soon though, Felix is pursuing her and is determined to show her that he isn't like what she has heard. Can Felix and Ella get over their pasts and let each other in? Or will Ella have heard too many things about Felix to give him a chance to show her who he really is?

I liked Felix. He definitely never had a shortage of women, and he never made any apologies about who he was. But he was so take with Ella that he had no problem giving that up. He wanted to be a better person and prove to her that he could be exactly what she needed. He was sweet and kind with her, and I loved the patience he showed. He was great with her and really showed just how much he was interested in the whole package with her. Ella was the one I had issues with. Although both her and Felix had both been through a lot and handled things differently, I actually didn't care for the way that Ella let her ex Grayson have such control of her life. While I didn't agree with Felix drowning himself in women, Ella let Grayson treat her horribly and take things too far even though they had broken up. Ella might have been clear with her words to Grayson, but her actions told a completely different story. I wanted her to do something and she just kept letting things go for reasons that I thought weren't even close to good enough. It was amazing to me that Felix was as calm and cool about everything as he was. He handled things far better than she did, and I wouldn't have been so understanding had it been me in his shoes. While they had chemistry and connected, the crap with Grayson was just too much for me.

Overall, I thought that this could have been such a great story. Felix and Ella were good for each other, and I really believed that the love and support between them was a great foundation for a relationship. I just sort of lost the bond between them with all the drama and the way that Ella continued to let Grayson interfere in their relationship. As much as I wanted for her to grow a pair, she never really seemed to. Then besides all that drama, it seemed as though every other bad thing that could possibly happen did. It just got to be too much and was kind of a downer. The whole thing was a bit depressing, and I was wanting something more upbeat. I liked the idea of the epilogue, but I felt like it was just okay. We got a lot of different POVs, but it just didn't do much for me and I was left wondering why it was really even there. I think that this book had a lot of potential, but for me it just fell flat.

**Review Copy Provided by As the Page Turns & Author**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N |





0 comments :

Post a Comment