in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, October 30, 2014

ARC Review: Black Lies by Alessandra Torre


I am a huge fan of Alessandra Torre's, and I love how different her stories are. They are always well written, unpredictable and completely fresh. When I first read the blurb for Black Lies, I wondered if this book would be similar to Sex Love Repeat. While I really loved Sex Love Repeat, I was hoping that this one wouldn't be the same but would be something completely new and it was. This book is unlike any other story I have ever read before, and honestly I thought that it was brilliant. I knew the twist going into this book. While I understand that some readers prefer to go into a story blind, I felt like I personally needed to be aware of what was happening. I am so glad that I did know, and I really think that it helped me to see this whole story for how great it really was start to finish. But I can honestly say that if I didn't know what the big twist was, I never would have guessed it. Alessandra Torre did such an excellent job of giving the reader clues all along while also keeping you guessing. It was the perfect balance of just enough clues to keep you reading and just vague enough to have no clue.

Lana has been dating Brant for three years. He is a tech billionaire devoted to his job, and he spends most of his time working. The rare instances where he isn't working he spends with Lana. Brant has asked Lana to marry him four times, and each time she has turned him down. Lana has also been pursuing Lee for two years. He is the exact opposite of Brant. He cuts grass and loves working with his hands. He is the bad boy where Brant is the good guy. Lee is rough around the edges where Brant is sweet and calm. While Lana loves Brant and sees a future married to him with kids, she also loves Lee and can't help but be drawn to him. This story is not your typical love triangle though.

I really loved the characters in this story. Lana is smart and strong. She knows what she wants and isn't afraid to go after it or stand up to others to get it. She was such a great heroine, and I can honestly say that I have never read a heroine like her before. I really loved her and how fiercely determined she was. She would literally do anything for those she loved, and I really loved seeing her stand by that. You might not understand everything that she does or her motives for doing certain things, but she absolutely had a purpose for everything and it all becomes so clear once you have all the facts. Brant and Lee were so different. You might think that you know who Lana should be with, but there is something in each of them that is exactly what Lana needed. They fulfilled different parts of her, and I think each one brought out a different side to her. While I loved Brant's goodness and how perfect he was for her, I also loved Lee's sexiness and how different he was from what Lana was used to.

I really wish that I could detail exactly how brilliant this book is and why you need to read it. But honestly this is one of those stories that you just have to trust me on and read it. It is absolutely a must read, and I am surprised how Alessandra Torre is able to surpass herself with each new book she releases. Alessandra Torre is absolutely a must read author for me and I would buy any book that she puts out at this point. She has a way of writing these brilliant stories that keep you interested and guessing the entire time, while also providing the reader with plenty of steam and sexiness. I think that this is one of those books that some will want to read blind and others will want to have the information before starting, but regardless of how you go into this one, this book is one that you will want to read more than once. I can't wait to go back and read this story all over again now that I have finished, and I can honestly say that this is the biggest book hangover I think I have ever had. I just can't stop thinking about this book or these characters, and I can't wait for Alessandra Torre's next book.

**ARC Provided by Patchwork Press**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | Book Depository |





0 comments :

Post a Comment