in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, April 20, 2014

ARC Review: Confessions of a Royal Bridegroom by Vanessa Kelly


Yes! I really enjoyed this historical romance by Vanessa Kelly. I have to confess that I was not particularly fond of the first book in the series but “Confessions of a Royal Bridegroom” did not disappoint! Griffin did not disappoint and Justine did not disappoint! Ms. Kelly delivers unique and interesting characters. The mystery surrounding the identity of the baby was perfectly paced throughout the story. For me, Griffin stole this story. He was such a fantastic character. Griffin Steele is the illegitimate son of the Prince Regent. Griffin grew up without his mother or father. Under the guidance of his uncle he lived a miserable childhood. Through his street smarts and gambling he became a rich man and owns a brother and gaming house. One night a baby is left and abandoned. He calls on his friend and spymaster Dominic. Dominic was also in the previous book. Dominic brings his goddaughter Justine to help Griffin with the baby. Griffin and Justine buttheads from the first moment they meet. Justine was not afraid of Griffin and he was captivated by her.

I thought that both Justine and Griffin had great chemistry. They had to face different challenges as the story unfolded. Although Justine was a great heroine I thought that she was the character that least evolved. Griffin is a rough character at first. He had a tough childhood and has only had to worry about himself. When Justine and the baby come along Griffin has to shift his priorities and change his perspective on his life. I thought that grew into a gentleman and really provided himself. Justine was harder because she refused to see Griffin for who he was instead of who he was rumored to be. Griffin was protective and devoted to Justine. She was hesitant at first and even towards the end.

Although I really enjoyed this story I thought that there was a lull in the middle of the story and then everything unfolded very quickly at the end. The surprise character at the end was completely unexpected. I also thought that the identity of the baby and his true identity was a little anti-climactic. But overall, this was a fun romance with a twist of adventure and mystery. I look forward to the next book in the series!

**ARC provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | The Book Depository |



1 comments :

  1. I haven't read the first book or this one, but I have them on my list. I am a fan of Vanessa's. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete